The goals of the Robert Lee Blaffer Foundation include the following, without limitation:
- To promote and encourage historical research related to New Harmony;
- To acquire by purchase, gift, devise or otherwise, title to or custody and control of historic locations and structures in and around New Harmony;
- To preserve and protect buildings and sites of historic interest in and around New Harmony;
- To collect and preserve records, relics and other things of historic interest related to New Harmony;
- To mark places of historic interest in and around New Harmony with suitable monuments; and
- To foster and promote public knowledge of and interest in New Harmony history
A 501(c)(3), the Corporation has been organized exclusively for charitable, religious, scientific, literary or educational purposes.